January 9, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do...

This has been the one of the toughest breakups in history! (As stated in a previous post, I tend to lean to the dramatic side, so bear with me.)

It is day 5 and I miss MY food. My body feels sluggish and tired. I think about food constantly and my will power is at an all time low. Even looking at an egg makes me want to vomit. All the reasons I had for embarking on this first goal seem ridiculous. I have read and re-read my post, hoping to recapture the fire I felt on day one...no success.

In an effort to "make me stronger" (his exact words)My husband brought home In 'N' Out on Thursday night and Pizza on Saturday. The kids loved it and I told him he was lucky that I can't pass a polygraph about where I hid his body.

Even without the temptation, this has still been tough! I am just waiting for the return on investment...

I am not going to lie and say that I have energy and I am sleeping well and I can see a six pack and I PR'd my last workout and I never want to eat another "naughty" carb and all the other garbage that people say to make you think you want to "drink the koolaid"....I don't feel like that!

But tonight as I sat here trying to focus my thoughts and decide whether or not to throw in the towel, it HIT me...I may feel like crap (which I do) and I may feel so hungry that I am eating Walnuts (which I hate)...but I am NOT going out like that! I made a 30 day commitment to do this and despite all evidence to the contrary, this is NOT. GOING. TO. KILL. ME.

So I am renewing my pledge to stick this one out. I know that if I give in at this stage of the game, I will only be angry with myself and all the times that I have been strong this week would be wasted.

A very wise man once said "The distance between mediocrity and excellence can be ever so small." I intend, at least in this endeavor, to be excellent.

That being said, I am going to eat a hard boiled egg, drink a big glass of water and go to bed!

6 comments:

  1. Regardless of what you think in the end....I still think you should do it, since you set your mind to it! You will feel amazing in at least accomplishing a goal you set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Jared know he can just bring the in-n-out and pizza to my house next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what is your eating plan? Just curious. You're not a fruitarian are you? JK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind, I just read your last post. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious. i could so see jared teasing you like that. punk. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. I have been doing pretty well, but about 8 last night I would have knocked over small children to get a cupcake. I didn't sleep well and was hungry and tired all day today. One thing that helps me is fat. I eat olives like there is no tomorrow and have started using coconut milk and coconut butter. I am with you on the eggs. I had turkey, carrots, kale chips, and sunflower seeds for breakfast this morning...it felt weird eating that for breakfast, but it was better than eggs!

    ReplyDelete