March 28, 2011

In a FUNK....

I can't tell you if it has to do with the fact that the weather is constantly getting my hopes up and then dashing them with a freak snow storm, or if it has to do with the fact that I have not been eating great, or just the fact that life gets stressful. But whatever the reason...


I AM IN A FUNK!


I am just more tired than usual, moody and short tempered, and I haven't felt great. I feel like my work and work-outs have suffered, and I am pretty sure my kids are considering putting themselves up for adoption.


Now, before you think I am crying BooHoo over my life, I am keenly aware that I am a lucky gal! I have a home, a job, beautiful children that make me smile just thinking about them, a husband that makes me laugh, supportive family and great friends! I know how blessed I am, and I am so grateful for that.


I am simply wondering why I am having trouble shaking a TEENY case of the winter blues?


So for this post, I am looking for feedback. (you know - where you give me your ideas and I use them to make my life better??)


What are some good ideas to un-funk-tify yourself?


I mean really...What. The. FUNK???

10 comments:

  1. I have been feeling the same way. So I have mad lists of ways I want to better myself. And I posted it on my fridge. And I am trying to memorize "The Living Christ", I know someone who did that, and they said that somehow it helped them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...must be in the air. At least you have had glimpses of Spring. All I have seen is snow, rain, and never ending wind. Stinking wind! Anyhow I think sometimes funks are okay (not to last too long) but just to help us be grateful when we get out of them. I need lots of friends and distractions when the weather is blah! Hope you (and I both) figure something out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Brett wrote the upper quote, but hey why not were in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So based on the above I think the only solution is to make a list of ways to better myself, while appreciating the good weather.....in Vegas!! Problem solved! ha ha. Seriously though, I definitely think that a little focusing of my energy on specific things will help. Spending time with family and friends who are uplifting and a little mini-vacation wouldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo...when do we leave?!! Your awesome Bethany and I love ya. I think you are great and hope you get out of your funk. Maybe 100 situps after tomorrows WOD??!!! Let me know what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (That was me Bethany, just in case you were wondering!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bethany I miss you girl! When I get in a funk I have to have a change of scenery, either a vacation, re-decorate my living room, or visit a new place in town.
    I think the funk has to do with the crazy weather you are having there. I can't believe you had snow in APRIL!
    Hope you're doing well. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey!! My long lost friend...just hearing from you makes me happy! When are you making the exodus out here again? I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth

    Hopefully soon either june or july but we will get together this time I PROMISE. I think i need to lose weight before we can hang out, you look so dang good. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete